a doggy weekend part 1

By all accounts my weekend starts after work Friday evening the weekends I don't work. And this weekend is one about dogs. In a way all week has been very dog focused.

Monday evening I was at an evening seminar by Anders Hallgren. He was a a great entertainer as well as a good teacher in "dog psychology", or should I say dog owner psychology? As it is usually (always?) about the owners and not the dogs themselves. I learnt some new stuff and if he returns next fall, I'll sign up for sure!
Anders Hallgren, explaining about "crazy" dogs, photo by Karin Diana Auld



Yesterday I go the skis to my kicksled and this evening I put them on (photo will follow), and of course I had to take the dogs for a trial run. It was great fun. Even though the dogs were at times a bit puzzled as to what I wanted them to do. At other times they'd rather smell the ditch and mess around than pull. Near the end I tried it on a field. That was excellent!  Unfortunatly my two dogs are a bit too different for an even run. Esky is he older and more clever one. He knows his "calm", "stay", "left" and "right" and listens (most of the time). He is a very strong dog, but a bit slow in his old age. Denali is the energy. She's fast. But doesn't really know left from right and is a bit all over the place. But all this doesn't matter. It is still great fun to take them on a trip with the kicksled!

Denali has now gotten some of her excess energy out, has had a shower and her dinner and is resting in her bed for a while. Early morning we are going to drive to a BIG dog show. It's going to be great fun. I don't expect anything from Denali, and will be happy with her as long as she behaves.

part two will follow

Kommentarer